John began his career in healthcare in 2000 as the business manager of a small but quickly growing medical billing company, Healthcare Billing Center, Inc. John quickly realized that to truly help his clients he needed to become proficient in not only revenue cycle management but medical coding, chart auditing, practice management and all compliance related issues as well.
Seventeen years and fourteen certifications later, John is now recognized as an expert in the coding and billing industry. Providing insight to his clients and consulting with healthcare law firms and national healthcare industry associations
John provides physicians and physician groups the expert assistance they need to effectively code and bill for their services thereby maximizing their profitability. As CEO of NOVA Medical Billing, Inc. and founder of Grand PooBah Consulting, LLC, John has 16 years of revenue cycle experience related to the payer processing complexities facing private practice physicians. Most of John’s clientele are small group practices (2-10 providers) and solo practitioners that cannot afford to have billing staff or expensive software in their offices but are in need of a well-staffed, highly trained billing department.
American Academy of Professional Coders
- Certified Professional Coder (CPC) December 2009 – Present
- Certified Professional Biller (CPB) March 2014 – Present
- Certified Professional Medical Auditor (CPMA) January 2010 – Present
- Certified Professional Practice Manager (CPPM) March 2015 - Present
- Certified Professional Compliance Officer (CPCO) March 2017- Present
American Society of Ophthalmic Administrators
- Certified Patient Service Specialist (CPSS) April 2015 - Present
- Certified Ophthalmic Executive (COE) May 2015 - Present
Practice Management Institute
- Certified Medical Compliance Officer (CMCO) May 2011 – Present
- Certified Medical Insurance Specialist (CMIS) October 2010 – Present
- Certified Medical Office Manager (CMOM) March 2008 – Present
American Institute of Healthcare Compliance
- Certified Healthcare Auditor (CHA) May 2009 – Present
- Officer of Healthcare Compliance Certified (OHCC) June 2011 – Present
- Certified Healthcare Billing Specialist (CHBS) July 2010 – Present
American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Ophthalmic Coding Specialist (OCS) May 2008 – Present (2008, 2011, 2014)
American Medical Billing Association
- Certified Medical Reimbursement Specialist (CMRS) September 2014 – Present
NOVA has some of the most well-trained staff members in our industry. In addition to John possessing numerous certifications, our staff members themselves posses certifications from multiple associations in medical billing and medical office administration.
Our Fearless Leader
As anyone who has visited our corporate headquarters in Centreville VA can attest, Brutus runs the office.